Irfana Anjum. That’s my name. 24. Female. Indian.
These are the things I live and breathe : designing, teaching, poetry, writing and reading. In that order.
I have played on this page for quite some time now and I honestly don’t know if it is because I am afraid of the blogging challenge or because I don’t know what to write. Anyhow this is the place where I plan on reflecting and sharing my experiences.
Fashion has been my craze for as long as I can remember. I hold a diploma in Fashion Design and I find a pleasure in helping women dress well and adding elegance to their style which invariably makes their confidence soar.
My favorite designers are Diane von Fürstenberg, Sabyasachi Mukherji, Masaba Richards, Ritu Beri, Marc Jacobs and of course Valentino Garavani.
I found my calling in teaching. And not just because I love kids but also because I understand that their innocence could be protected or shattered.
Education is every child’s right, but I, as a teacher, have a huge problem with the system of education and I am trying to do my bit to bring about a change.
As a “drawing teacher” for nursery, as a computer trainer for primary and as a soft skill developer for high school – I have worked with all age levels. Being a teacher has allowed me to remain young, laugh more, learn everyday and to derive the kind of satisfaction only few jobs could deliver.
I love coming to work each day. And I plan to continue to laugh, learn and pass it on!
There isn’t a lot to say – I am struggling to find my way. Like Kurt Vonnegut once said: “When I write, I feel like an armless, legless man with a crayon in his mouth.” I feel the same.
But I write for the thrill. To feel the pleasure in pain. To uncover. To discover. To leave the legacy of words. To feed emotions to dead brains. And to prevent myself from going crazy.
The Poetry Lover:
I find bits and pieces of life tucked away in poems written by strangers, waiting to be found. A thousand little puzzles solved by poets who knew exactly what I was feeling, even though I couldn’t give names to it.
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more,
From these our interviews, in which I steal
From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.
~ George Gordon Byron
If you are still reading, well… thanks and here are some fun facts about me:
- Solitude is one of my best friends.
- Rainy is my favourite season and Rainbow holds a special place in my life.
- A proud Calvin and Hobbes fan.
- I talk too much.
- You’ll often find me on long bus rides, blissfully aloof on the back seat.
- I talk to myself too and do not find it weird at all.
- I love meeting new people – strangers – who I may never see again.
- I am inspired by everyday life.
- A lover of photography, sufism, shayari and ghazals.
- My hobbies would include photography, travelling, shopping, food, collecting notebooks and dancing.
- Chocoholic. Very.
- Star Wars, X-men, Iron Man, Harry Potter, Eric Clapton, A.R. Rahman, Sherlock, Friends, Animated movies, DiCaprio, Bill Murray. Such, much awesomeness!!!
That’s all. Sigh. Until then,
To learning, experiencing and conversing about life! 🙂